Create an adorable sloth terra cotta planter :)
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Workshops scheduled before 6:30 pm: Ages 6* to Adult
Workshops scheduled 6:30 pm and later: Ages 14 to Adult
*Kids aged 6–11 must be accompanied by an Adult Participant. Both adult and child must be registered and paid for. Maximum 2 kids per adult participant.
Kids aged 12 and up may attend this workshop on their own. Please note the teacher is not standing at the table for the whole workshop.
HOW LONG IS THE WORKSHOP?
Up to 1.5 hours
WHAT DO I MAKE?
Each person creates one clay planter | 2.5″× 3″
HOW THIS WORKSHOP WORKS
DRESS FOR MESS!
- Attend the clay workshop on the date & time you selected.
- Watch our curator's step by step demonstration.
- The demo is about 15 minutes, which means you really have to be on time. :) The demo will commence within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time.
- Please arrive on time to ensure you get the full instructions. Even come a little early! Look around, say hi! Please, please, be on time.
- After the demo, you have around one hour and 15 minutes to sculpt your clay, get creative and add the details.
- The creating time is self-directed for you to enjoy the process of creating!
We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. We have aprons at the studio to borrow, but wet paint may be lurking around any corner. Please note, even if you are not doing a painting workshop, you may still get paint on you.
4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
Clay creations take approximately 1–2 weeks to be fully dried and fired in the kiln.
Please check the Clay Status
link in the top menu to see if your clay is ready to be picked up. Participants WILL NOT receive a call or email when their clay has been fired.
- Glazing time classes are not included or necessary for the Sloth Planter workshop.
- Workshops are sold by the seat.
- We do not have space for observers/helpers.
- Each person attending must be registered.
Please click here
for workshop policies and FAQs.